I know that you probably don’t want to turn on your oven these days so I’ve got you covered with an easy but tasty vegan breakfast bar that’s packed with good-for-you ingredients. This recipe can be modified by using your favorite nut butter, and you can add in other toppings like vegan chocolate chips if your heart is calling for them. You can sub in gluten-free oats for a gluten-free option, too.
So, give your oven a break and throw these vegan breakfast bars together within a few minutes to set in the fridge overnight, and you’ll wake up to a breakfast treat to go with your morning coffee or tea.
No-Bake, Vegan Breakfast Bars with Nut Butter and Coconut
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1. Place the oatmeal, coconut and chia seeds in a large bowl and stir together.
2. Add the nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a bowl and microwave for 30-60 seconds to soften together. Remove from the microwave and stir.
3. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
4. Pour the nut butter/maple syrup mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir together.
5. Pour the entire mixture into the prepared baking pan and press down into the pan with a rubber spatula or your hands.
6. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours so that the bars set, but I prefer to prep these the night before and leave overnight in the fridge.
7. Slice and enjoy! Keep these bars chilled and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
Also by Colette: Vegan Rhubarb Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Bread
Related: Low-Sugar Vegan Granola Bars
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Colette Goguen