The first time I made these bell pepper rolls, I only marinated them for around 8 hours. For more intense seafood flavor, I recommend letting it sit for longer. Try 12 hours or simply add more seaweed.
Let me know what time has worked best for you! 😊Enjoy!
- 2 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tablespoon Seaweed (dried)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
1. Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
2. Cut the bell peppers into 5-6 slices each.
3. Brush each slice with some oil.
4. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
5. Let cool and carefully remove the skin.
6. Mix together all the other ingredients and marinate the bell peppers overnight. (I like to marinate it even longer. That way the taste becomes stronger).
7. Once marinated long enough, press the slices with a piece of paper to remove any excess water.
8. Put cream cheese on each slice and roll tightly.
9. Serve right away or store in fridge for up to three days.
Photo: Rebecca Willems