Many cultures believe that soup has a magical healing effect. The base of this soup is the one I learned in my ayurveda classes in India, I just added some extra ingredients to make it more tasty. It contains all the herbs that help your body to digest better, cleanses your blood and lymphatic system and boosts your immune system. In addition it hydrates well, which is extremely important during winter season because the cold dries out the body inside-out.
Ayurvedic cleansing soup
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 ts cumin seed
- 1 ts coriander seed
- half size of your thumb ginger, sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- half of 1 medium size pumpkin, diced
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 L water
- 3 hanfdul frozen yellow greenbean
- 2 handful broccoli
- 200g Brussles sprout, clean, halved
- to taste sea salt, pepper, turmeric, parsley
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large bowl over medium heat and add the coriander and cumin seeds. Toss for a few minutes.
2. Add ginger, onion, garlic and turmeric, stir frequently for about 4-5 minutes until onion softens.
3. Then place all the veggies in the bowl, too and pour approximately 1 1/2 liter of water over it. Let it boil until every veggie is fork tender.
4. Serve it warm. You can mix it with coconut yogurt as well for a little sourness.
Photo: Imola Toth