- 1 cup dry short grain brown rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Cilantro, for topping (optional)
1. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed and rice is cooked through.
3. Serve warm and topped with cilantro, if desired.
Vegan Apple Ginger Hand Pie
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Molly Lansdowne