This was a lot of fun to make and it stained my cutting board with cute little heart shapes after I cleaned up. I used the scraps from the beet cut-outs to put into my juicer but you could dice them up and toss them into your salad if you want. I chose to use arugula as the bed of this salad because it is believed to be an aphrodisiac and it went well with the theme, but you can use whatever greens you have available to you. This salad would be perfect to bring to a Galentine’s get together, just simply double or triple the recipe.
Valentine’s Day Beet And Strawberry Salad
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- about 6 cups arugula
- 2 cooked beets
- 2 tbsp vegan feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Add the cucumber, shallot, strawberry and arugula to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In a mason jar, add all of the ingredients for the dressing and shake well. Pour your desired amount over the salad and toss until evenly coated. Pour salad onto a plate.
3. Slice your beets and use a cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Add your beets to the salad.
4. Top the salad with sliced almonds and crumbled feta to serve.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cherry Bars
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote