Once I identified how happy salads make me, I began to splurge on fancier ingredients to make my own salad meals at home. Because I work remotely, I can spend a lot of time sitting in coffee shops to keep myself productive, but eating out can get expensive. Here is a simple mushroom avocado salad that has made my work-at-home days more exciting, and keeping me away from that afternoon slump.
Warn Shiitake Mushroom Avocado Salad
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 Haas avocado
- 1/2 Red bell pepper
- 5 Shiitake mushrooms
- to taste Black pepper
- garnish Green onions
- 2 tablespoons Dressing of choice
- 1-2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- to taste Ground garlic
1. In a small pan, cook mushrooms in low heat for about 10 minutes or until soft and dark brown. Add soy sauce and powder garlic to taste as they cook. Stir often.
2. Cut the red pepper in long strings, and simmer in low heat for 3 minutes. Season with black pepper to taste.
3. Serve spinach with sliced avocado on top.
4. Serve peppers and mushrooms on the side.
5. Add dressing of choice to the spinach and avocado (I love using artichoke dressing for this salad).
6. Garnish the mushrooms with green onions.
Also by Vanessa: Easy Vegan Hibiscus Meat Alternative (For Burritos, Tacos & Bowls)
Portobello Steak Dinner With Sweet Onion Teriyaki Sauce
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Vanessa Uzcategui