One of my favorite past times is stir fry and playing around with Asian sauces. With that, I bring you another Asian-inspired dish that is sure to get your mouth watering. This recipe is packed with vegetables, protein, greens, and grains. It is the perfect dish for lunch or dinner, and when paired with your favorite sauce, the flavors really come to life. My personal favorite is vegan yum yum sauce. Dive deep into a sea of flavors and nutrients with this easy recipe you're sure to love!
Sesame Tofu Stir Fry Fettuccini
Recipe Type: Hearty Entrees
YIELDS 3-4 servings
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- half a package Mushrooms
- one Red Bell Pepper
- half Zucchini
- one stock Broccoli
- 2 tsp Tamari
- half a block Tofu
- 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- to taste Sesame Seeds
- One handful per serving Spinach
- Half a box Fettuccini
- Start by slicing my block of tofu into smaller pieces and letting it dry out on a paper towel.
- While this is happening, dice up the broccoli, zucchini, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Heat up a pan with 1 tsp of olive oil and toss in the broccoli and red pepper. Let this cook for a few minutes and throw in the zucchini. After a few more minutes toss in the mushrooms, salt, pepper and tamari sauce.
- Let this cook together until the mushrooms are browning and beginning to expel their juices.
- Remove from heat and add another tsp of olive oil to the hot pan. Cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces and throw them into the pan.
- Add a pot of water to the stove and bring to a boil for your noodles.
- Add some salt and pepper to the tofu and let this cook for a few minutes. Do not flip.
- Add toasted sesame oil and flip tofu.
- Add sesame seeds and continue cooking and flipping tofu until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove your tofu and noodles from heat when they are finished cooking
- To prepare, add a handful of spinach to a plate topped with the fettuccini, stir fry, and tofu. Finish the dish off with your favorite vegan sauce and enjoy!
Photo: Lindsey Blakley