Fresh peaches are roasted with brown sugar to enhance their natural sweetness. The soft peaches are then topped with a delicate pink whipped cream and crunchy toasted pistachios. The raspberries add a wonderful sharpness to the cream which balances out the peaches. The toasted pistachios add a welcome crunch and a pop of vibrant green.
This dessert comes together so quickly and requires minimal prep. The peaches can be roasted while you are eating your dinner for a deliciously warm, syrupy dessert, but they can also be made in advance and assembled just before serving. The roasted peaches are delicious hot or cold.
Roast Peaches With Raspberry Cream
- 2 Peach
- 4 teaspoons Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 100 millilitres Whippable Vegan Cream or Coconut Cream
- 2 tablespoons Icing Sugar
- 100 grams Raspberries
- 50 grams Toasted Pistachios
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone, put the peaches in an ovenproof dish.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar to the centre of each peach and a few drops of vanilla extract.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. While the peaches are baking, make the whipped cream.
6. Put the cream in a mixing bowl and whisk until it holds stiff peaks.
7. Whisk in the icing sugar along with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
8. Add half the raspberries and whisk until the raspberries break down and make the cream pink.
9. Store the cream in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
10. Put two halves of the roasted peach into a bowl, top with the whipped cream, toasted pistachios and the remaining raspberries.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Katharine Hopkins