Raw Vegan Raspberry Tartlets
- 1 1/2 cups + 4 medjool dates, deseeded
- 3/4 cup walnuts, raw or soaked/dehydrated
- 3/4 cup almonds, raw or soaked/dehydrated
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup raspberries, frozen
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, raw (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1/2, 1/4 cup filtered water, divided
- 4 medjool dates
- 1 vanilla bean
1. Soak 1 1/2 cups cashews in a bowl of water for 2 hours.
2. To make the crust, add into the food processor 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates, walnuts, and almonds. Process for 45 seconds or until it forms into a ball. **(If the dates are too dry, soak the dates in a bowl of water for about 30 minutes)
3. In an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper or tartlet molds, press the dough down to mold it into a crust layer. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
4. To make the raspberry filling, add 4 dates and 1/4 cup filtered water into the food processor. Process for about 15 seconds.
5. Drain the soaked cashews and add them into the food processor with 1/2 cup filtered water. Process until creamy.
6. Add the fresh and frozen raspberries, frozen banana, and the vanilla bean seeds. **Split and scrape out the seeds of the vanilla bean with a knife. Blend for 1 minute or until well combined.
7. Remove the crust from the freezer and fill evenly with raspberry filling. Put the raspberry tartlets back in the freezer for 1 – 2 hours.
8. Decorate with raspberries and enjoy!! <3
Also by Jessie: Raw Vegan Superfood Smoothie Bowl
Related: Raw Vegan Tiramisu
Raw Chocolate Rose and Strawberry Pudding
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Jessie Brown