- 1 cup walnuts, soaked + dehydrated or raw
- 1 cup almonds, soaked +dehydrated or raw
- 3/4 cup carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup apple, peeled + finely diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 dates dates, medjool + raw
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp chili paste
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp black/white sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup raw vegan kimchi
- 15 lettuce leaves
1. In a food processor, add 4 dates and 1/2 cup water. Process until a paste starts to form. Then add in the olive oil, coconut aminos, ginger, chili paste, chili flakes, and lemon juice. Process until well combined; pour the sauce into a bowl and then set aside.
2. Now add the walnuts and almonds into the food processor (no need to clean it!) and process for about 20 to 30 seconds or until crumbly. Pour the nuts into a large bowl and add in the carrots, sundried tomatoes, kale, apple, and green bell pepper. Mix together, then pour the sauce over the mixture and combine.
3. Now you can serve and enjoy with friends and fam! Scoop a spoonful of the “meat” into a lettuce leaf, add some kimchi, couple slices of avocado, and sesame seeds!
Also by Jessie: Raw Vegan Raspberry Tartlets
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Jessie Brown