I started out my New Year bringing some basics back into my life. Sometimes I get caught up crafting fancy recipes that I forget just how good a simple stir-fry can be. My go-to stir-fry is usually one with tofu or tempeh for protein, but this recipe mixes things up and uses cooked quinoa! It’s a great way to use up leftover quinoa from the fridge. I used bell pepper, zucchini, shredded carrots, red onion, and mushrooms as my veggies, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Top the bowl with crushed cashews for a little crunch with every bite!
Quick Vegan Veggie Quinoa Stir-fry
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2, chopped bell pepper
- 1/2, chopped green zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- to taste Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablspoons crushed cashews
- handful white button mushrooms
1. Heat avocado oil over medium-high in a medium skillet.
2. Once warm, add the red onion, bell pepper, zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms.
3. Saute for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened, then season with garlic powder, dried thyme, and Himalayan sea salt.
4. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, until soft and fragrant. Within the last minute, stir in the cooked quinoa.
5. Serve immediately with crushed cashews.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Banana Walnut Protein Cookies
Related: Brown Rice Beet Miso Stir-Fry
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier