Enjoy this speedy one-serving recipe when you’re short on time but want something that’s both flavorful and nourishing. It uses only a few simple ingredients which come together to create this creamy noodle dish.
Use any kind of noodles you like. I use udon for a heartier meal but you could use something lighter if you prefer. I’ve added sesame twice here to really ground this recipe with a deep umami flavor while adding freshness with some green onions.
Perfect for a quick lunch or easy dinner, this recipe can be scaled up to serve more people! It can easily be made gluten-free by using tamari instead of soy sauce and gluten-free noodles.
Quick Vegan Sesame & Peanut Noodles
- 125 g noodles
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp green onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch of nori (chopped)
1. Put the noodles on to boil in a generous amount of salted water.
2. Add all the sauce ingredients – peanut butter, soy sauce, and sesame oil – to a non-stick saucepan.
3. Heat to medium and add 50 ml of the starchy noodle water to the saucepan. Whisk together well and allow to thicken up and start bubbling. This should take 3-4 minutes.
4. Once cooked, drain the noodles and add to the sauce. Toss until well coated and take off the heat.
5. Serve into a pasta bowl. Top with the green onion, sesame seeds, and chopped nori and it’s ready to eat!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Anna Burgoine