Lately, I’ve been on a bit of a protein pancake kick. I love making different variations to wake up to! These vegan protein crepes are stuffed with berries, basil, and shredded coconut. I Topped mine with yogurt, fresh basil, and berries. I like to swap out my maple syrup for other creative toppings, so If you’ve never tried yogurt on your crepes, now’s your chance! It’s so creamy without being too sweet. I love to make a giant crepe in the morning to start my day. If you’re not a protein powder user, try subbing almond meal for varied results. I love to whip one up for a busy workweek morning as well as lazy weekend mornings!
Vegan Protein Crepes with Yogurt, Basil, & Berries
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana, smashed
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water flax egg
- 1 tablespoon (optional) peanut powder
- 1 cup berries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon, chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
1. Warm a skillet over medium heat with a little bit of avocado oil spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine 1 TBS flaxseed + 3 TBS water and let sit for a few minutes to create your “flax egg.”
2. Next, add smashed banana, unsweetened almond milk, protein powder, and peanut powder and mix until well combined with a spatula or spoon.
Spoon mixture onto the warm skillet and spread with a spatula so it forms a large thin circle.
3. Heat for 5 minutes, or until golden brown underneath, then carefully take a peek underneath. If it’s still too fragile, allow to heat for another 2-3 minutes, then try again. Carefully flip when ready and heat for 3-5 on the other side.
4. Transfer the crepe to a plate. Add berries and shredded coconut to one half, then fold over to create your crepes. Top with almond milk yogurt, fresh basil, and more shredded coconut. Serve immediately!
Also by Lauren: Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Maca Mounds
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier