After the holidays, the very last thing I wanted to do was cook. I spent far too much time in my kitchen and I definetely ate way too much food. To reset, I made this easy and refreshing papaya boat. It is basically like a smoothie but constructed and more fun to look at while you eat it.
Because the flavor of the papaya is so mellow, the pineapple, mango, and star fruit are all added to give it a burst of flavor. I feel like star fruit is under rated and needs to be utilized more! All you need to do is slice it, remove the seeds, and enjoy. This bowl is packed with vitamins A & C as well as antioxidants. It is super filling but won’t leave you feeling bloated!
Tropical Papaya Breakfast Boat
- 1/2 papaya
- 1 cup coconut yogurt, vanilla
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 1/4 cup mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp agave syrup
1. Slice papaya in half, lengthwise. We are only using one half. Remove seeds with a spoon.
2. Fill papaya with yogurt.
3. Add mango, pineapple, and star fruit.
4. Top with almonds, coconut, cinnamon, and ginger.
5. Drizzle agave syrup all over.
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote