The beauty of salad bowls and buddha bowls is that they’re ridiculously healthy, delicious and versatile, and that they come together in a snap – if you’ve got the chopped ingredients on hand, you don’t even need 5 minutes for a wholesome, nourishing meal! This one might be an unconventional combination of ingredients, but trust me, you’ll be making excuses to make it as often as you can.
Papaya Arugula Avocado Salad Bowl
- 1 Handful Arugula
- 1/3 Red leaf lettuce
- 1/2 Papaya, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 Avocado, cut into slices
- 3 Radishes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 Small cucumber, diced
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 1/2 Handful Dill
- Hemp seeds to sprinkle on top
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- ½ Tbsp Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Apple juice
1. Wash the lettuce and cut into bite-size pieces, then place in a big bowl.
2. Wash the arugula and dill and shake dry. Finely chop the dill, then combine with the arugula and add both to the bowl with lettuce.
3. Assemble the rest of the ingredients in the bowl: first the papaya, radishes, cucumber and avocado, then the shredded carrot.
4. If you like creamy salad dressings, combine the tahini, apple cider vinegar/lemon juice and apple juice in a separate bowl and then drizzle over the top (or any other salad dressing of your choosing, although this salad has so many amazing ingredients that it already tastes delicious on its own!) Sprinkle some hemp seeds on top and dig in!
Photo: Rebecca Botello