I used almonds in this recipe because that is what I had on hand but feel free to experiment with walnuts or cashews as well. Make sure the coconut cream you use has been set in the fridge and is very thick. You can serve this with whatever toppings you like but I recommend coconut whipped cream, coconut flakes, fresh fruit, or nuts.
Orange Cranberry Cream Pie
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
1. In a large pot, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, zest, and ginger. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Continue cooking until liquid evaporates and cranberry sauce is thick. Stir in the spices.
2. While the cranberry sauce is cooking, prepare the crust. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until it begins to form a ball. Use your hands to press it together into an 8-inch pie pan.
3. Remove cranberry sauce from heat and let cool. Add to a blender with coconut cream and blend until smooth.
4. Pour cranberry filling into crust.
5. Put in the fridge to set for a few hours.
6. Serve with toppings of choice.
Also by Lauren: Plant-Based Cranberry Orange Butter
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote