This was a fun way to do a little kitchen clean-out and make something new. I added in crumbled vegan feta but you can leave it out if you don’t have any on hand. Since the olives and feta are already salty, add the salt to taste in moderation. I used this tapenade to spread on crostini, and I actually used the leftovers to mix in with some almond milk and butter to make a creamy pasta sauce.
Olive And Fig Tapenade
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 cup black olives
- 3 fresh fresh figs
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup vegan feta, crumbled
- fresh mint to top
1. Add the walnuts and garlic to a food processor and blitz a few times.
2. Add the black olives and figs and pulse again a few more times.
3. Add the balsamic, honey, oil, and spices and stir well.
4. Fold in the crumbled feta and top with fresh mint. I recommend refrigerating for an hour or so to chill before serving.
Also by Lauren: White Bean Artichoke Salad With Strawberry Vinaigrette
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote