Avocadoes in sweet treats is a very common theme all throughout Indonesia. We scoop it up and eat it with sweetened condensed milk topped with ice, drink it in smoothies with chocolate and eat it in ice creams.
This time I will share with you a super easy recipe that takes 5 minutes to make. The rest of the time, you just have to wait for these to freeze and after 3 hours its ready to be enjoyed.
No-Machine Vegan Coconut Avocado Ice Cream
- 5 ripe avocadoes, scooped, chopped and frozen for 2 hours
- 3/4 cup thick coconut milk
- to taste sweetener of your choice (white sugar or stevia)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- a pinch salt
1. In a blender or a food processor, combine frozen avocadoes, coconut milk, sweetener and salt. Process until smooth.
2. Give the mixture a taste and adjust your sweetener accordingly. Blend it the last time to make sure everything is well combined.
3. Pour into a freeze-able dish and top with coconut flakes.
4. Freeze for 3 hours or until set. Scoop into a serving bowl and enjoy!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Radhika Bhagchandani