- 3 sweet potatoes (chopped)
- ½ taro (chopped)
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Choice of seasoning (I used thyme)
1. Scrub clean and peel your sweet potatoes (I like using a mix of colored ones depending on what’s available either orange, yellow or purple ones) and taro. For this recipe, I got a bag of sweet potatoes that came in different sizes.
2. Carefully cut your root vegetables into halves until you have strips of your own veggie fries. (I like cutting them quite thick)
3. In a large mixing bowl or tray, cover your veggie wedges with olive oil and cornstarch until everything is fully coated.
4. Next simply add a dash of your favorite choice of seasoning, salt and pepper.
5. Then on a baking tray with baking paper, lay your fries at least one inch apart from each other.
6. Bake into a preheated oven at 220°c for 20 minutes.
7. After the first 10 minutes, flip your fries on the other side and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
8. Finally enjoy with your favorite dip!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bel Faustino