- 2 cups minced Shittake Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Birds Eye Chillies
- 1/4 cup Blanched Peanuts
- 2 Shallots
- 4-6 Mint leaves
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp Agave nectar
- 1 tbsp Water
- 6 leaves of Baby Gem Lettuce
1. Mince the garlic, ginger and mushrooms.
2. Heat 1tbsp of olive oil in a pan on medium heat and add in the shiitake mushrooms, garlic and ginger.
3. Finely cut the shallots and after a couple of minutes on the hob add them in with the chilli, half the juice of a lime, mint, blanched peanuts and 1/ tbsp of soy sauce. Cook the mixture for several more minutes and then remove from the heat.
4. To make the satay sauce: mix the water, peanut butter, agave nectar and 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce in a bowl and whisk until it reaches a smooth consistency.
5. Spoon the larb mixture into the lettuce cups, drizzle on the satay sauce and enjoy.
Also by Hannah: Vegan Eggnog Ice Cream
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Hannah Roberts