So the other day I thought I should turn my usual boring salad into something excited. I didn't have much things at home as I was waiting for my next delivery from the grocery store (I was quarantined after traveling). I had some a half melon and some soy pillows. Typically, feta cheese and yogurt sauce are added to a melon salad. I substituted these for savory elements of curried vegan mayo and almond yogurt.
Melon Salad With Vegan Chick-un And Curry Dressing
- 1/4 small melon, cubed
- 1 head small lettuce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120 g or about a handful soy pillows or soy curls
- to taste salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp (or 2 tbs mayo +1 ts curry powder) curried vegan mayo
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp almond yogurt
- 2 dl veggie broth
1. Start with cooking your soy pillows or soy curls in veggie broth, then transfer them to a plate and slice into smaller pieces if you need to.
2. Then heat the oil in a frying pan and fry your soy slices until as golden brown and crispy as you like.
3. Meanwhile slice up your lettuce and melon and place it in a bowl.
4. Place the almond yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and curried mayo (or curry powder and mayo) in a small jar, close the lid and shake it until it’s well combined.
5. Once the soy is done, add them to the salad bowl and drizzle the curried mayo sauce on top.
If you want you can add more seeds or toasted almonds to it, too.
Also by Imola: Vegan Palak Tofu Paneer
GF Vegan Moussaka With Lentils
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth