1. Combine dry noodles and about 3-4 inches of water in a medium saucepan. Cook until noodles are soft but not mushy, about 5-6 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain the noodles, and rinse with cool water.
2. While the noodles drain, add matcha powder to the pot and whisk until smooth (you don't want any clumps). Turn the heat to the lowest setting, and add about 1/4 cup of water, 1 tbsp. at time, whisking until the matcha begins to froth around the edges. Add coconut oil; stir to combine, or until oil is fully melted.
3. Return noodles to pot with the tea mixture and stir well to coat. There will be extra liquid in the pot, so leave the heat on low until all the water is absorbed.
4. Divide noodles into bowls and top with chopped nuts and a very light sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Serve with soy sauce or tamari on the side for dipping.
5. Store remainders in a sealed container up to 3 days, with a thin layer of water to prevent clumping.
Also by Jen: Vegan Blueberry Citrus Quinoa Pilaf
Related: Vegan Vanilla Coconut Matcha Latte
Vegan Sweet and Savory Broccoli Rabe
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Jennifer Kurdyla