Is anyone else looking forward to the holiday weekend? This morning, a colleague observed that there’s a palpable feeling of excitement in the air–in spite of it being only Tuesday! I’m headed up to Montreal this weekend (my first time ever in Canada!), so I won’t be home to attend any backyard barbecues or potlucks. If you’re celebrating the holiday at home, I strongly suggest you add this Strawberry Ginger Kombucha Mocktail to your menu!
With a spiciness from the ginger and contrasting sweetness from the strawberries, this sip goes down easily and makes for a beautiful presentation. In addition to its pleasing taste, this recipe offers a nutritional boost. Kombucha is arguably one of the most enjoyable ways to consume healthy bacteria (probiotics). Meanwhile, citrus fruits have an alkalizing effect on the body, helping us feel healthy and refreshed.
Feel free to double or triple the recipe here if you plan on serving to a large crowd.
Strawberry Ginger Kombucha Mocktail
- 16 ounces (2 cups) ginger kombucha
- 6 strawberries, plus extra for serving
- Juice of two limes
- Ice, for serving (optional)
1. In a large drinking glass or pitcher, add the strawberries and gently muddle (using a muddler or back of a spoon) until the strawberries begin to release their juices but aren’t completely smashed.
2. Pour kombucha and lime juice over strawberries.
3. If desired, add ice and gently mix ingredients together. You can also add a few strawberry halves to the glass before serving if you’d like.
Also by Molly: Vegan Brunch Recipes: Fennel and White Bean Hash
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne