These teriyaki quinoa lettuce wraps are perfect warm weather fare. They're filling thanks to the protein-rich quinoa and edamame while still having that portable factor that we all crave in spring and summer. They also come together quickly--a requisite when all you want to do is spend the day outdoors! Here's the recipe.
Healthy Dinner: Teriyaki Quinoa Lettuce Wraps With Edamame
1. Add quinoa and water to a pot over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
2. While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together tamari, brown rice syrup, brown rice vinegar, lime juice, and garlic.
3. When quinoa is done cooking, add tamari mixture to pot, stirring until fully incorporated.
4. Add edamame and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, or until it is heated through.
5. To serve, add 1/3 cup of quinoa mixture to each lettuce leaf, topping with avocado if desired.