Every morning should start with a breakfast that kicks your day off in the right direction. If I want my day to be healthy and gorgeous, I am going to make sure my breakfast reflects that! I like to call this smoothie bowl my green goddess bowl, because that is exactly how it makes me feel. Vibrant, satisfying, and packed with greens... it is an incredible way to boost your mood and brighten your morning. I think you'll understand why once you give it a try!
YIELDS 1 serving
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4-5 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup almond milk (more or less for consistency you'd like)
- handful frozen berries (optional topping)
- handful coconut flakes (optional topping)
- 1/2 cup fresh mango (optional topping)
- sprinkle of cacao nibs (optional topping)
1. In a blender, add frozen banana, frozen mango, spinach, dates, and almond milk. Run until smooth. Add more milk if necessary for desired consistency. I like to start with less and go from there (because I prefer my smoothie base thicker!). 2. Add to a bowl and top generously with your favorite toppings. My personal favorites are outlined above, but add whatever you have on hand or what you'd prefer! Other great additions include chia seeds, nuts, and hemp hearts.
Also by Bianca: Summer White Bean Salad
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bianca Cimini