Sometimes, it is always the simple recipes that taste the best. This Green Beans and Potatoes Stir-Fry in Garlic Sauce is a quick side dish. It's pan-fried potatoes and lightly charred green beans glazed with a soy-based garlicky sauce. This dish not just smells good but also tastes so good. The best part is, it goes with almost everything. I mean honestly, you could even serve it with a piece of bread!
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 350 g potato, peeled and diced
- 200 g green beans, diced
- 20 g spring onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan oyster sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
1. Mix light soy sauce, vegan oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, minced garlic, and water together in a bowl.
2. Heat up oil in medium heat in the wok, add diced potatoes, stirring and pan-frying for around 8–10 minutes until potatoes are cooked with a golden color crust outside.
3. Add diced green beans. Keep stir-frying until green beans are lightly charred outside (around 3–4 minutes).
4. Turn the gas stove on full. Add sauce mixture into the wok.
Constant stirring until the sauce is evaporated.
5. Finish with chopped spring onion, quickly fry for 30 seconds then serve!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Shu-Chun Chuang