Easter is one of my favorite holidays, but for me it’s more about celebrating Spring.
Spring is always the symbol of something new for me. Life starting again, new chances and new beginnings.
My family has the tradition of waking up early on Easter mornings and having a huge breakfast together. This gluten-free Easter bread is my favorite, alongside vegan spreads and a huge bowl of spring salad (recipe coming).
Gluten-Free Vegan Easter Bread with Ramson and Pumpkin Seeds
- 200g potatoes
- 200g ramson, sliced (wild garlic; can sub with chives)
- 4 egg replacement (equivalent of 4 eggs)
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 tbs yeast
- 200g gluten-free flour
- 40g pumpkin seeds
1. Boil the potatoes in hot water until they are fork tender. Or if you don’t have time you can prepare it in the microwave as well. Just poke the potatoes with a knife few times, place them on a plate with a dash of water under them and cook for 10 minutes. At half time, turn the sides.
Peel them and mash them in a bowl with a fork.
2. Incorporate your choice of egg replacement, flour, baking powder, oil and the ramson.
3. Stir them well, finally add 2 teaspoons of salt and transfer everything into a cake mold.
4. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and cook at 200C for 45-50 minutes.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth