This recipe is really simple and easy, but the gluten-free beer and the vegan white cheddar makes it interesting.
- 3 cups gluten free flour blend
- 3 ts baking powder
- 1 ts salt
- 120g vegan white cheddar
- 300 ml gluten free beer
- to top the bread unsalted vegan margarine or butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. I used a baking tray and covered the bottom with baking paper but you can grease/oil out any form you like.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the gluten free flour blend, baking powder and salt.
4. Stir in the grated vegan white cheddar.
5. Pour in the gluten free beer and stir until a batter forms. It will be thick.
6. Spoon the batter in the form or loaf pan you chose for this reason.
Place little chunks of the margarine over the top so it will melt and make the top of the bread really crunchy.
7. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and set in the middle.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth