It's already June, but here in Hungary it feels more like autumn than summer. Chilly, windy, rainy weather calls for a nice, heart warming soup. We have all these wonderful summer veggies, like zucchinis, fresh green peas and mint; these ingredients would make a wonderful salad too, but I think they taste best as a creamy, steaming bowl of soup. Enjoy!
GF Vegan Zucchini & Pea Soup With Mint
Recipe Type: Soups and Stews
YIELDS 2 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 L veggie stock
- to taste salt, pepper
- few springs fresh mint
- 1 small red onion, diced
1. Heat the oil in a pot and add the onion and garlic once hot. Sauté over low heat, stirring occasionally until fragrant.
2. Add the green peas, zucchini, veggie stock, salt + pepper. Bring it to boil then simmer on a low heat for around 10 minutes until all vegetables are cooked through – the zucchini should be soft enough to easily pierce with a fork.
3. Turn off the heat, add the mint and use a hand blender to blend until it becomes a smooth liquid (add some more water if it’s too thick or a boiled potato if not thick enough). Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Ladle into bowls and serve while it’s still hot.
This soup keeps well covered in the fridge for a few days and can be frozen.
Also by Imola: Vegan Spring Onion Rice
Photo: Imola Toth