These can be prepped ahead and stuffed and refrigerated a day ahead until ready to bake. Leftovers are great and will last up to 3 days. If you want to make them for meal prep, I would under cook them slightly as they will cook a little more when you reheat.
GF Vegan Nacho Stuffed Zucchini Boat
- 1/4 bag GF nachos chips, broken
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup soy granuls
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Using a small spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini halves, leaving 1-2 cm thick shell on each half. Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces and set aside.
3. In a large pot, bring the veggie broth to boil.
Add in the soy granuls and cook until tender. Then add in tomato sauce, salsa, bell pepper, zucchini flesh, onion and seasoning. Take the heat back to small and cook until it starts to thicken, stirring at times.
4. We do not use salt in this because the nacho chips is salty, but if you have unsalted chips then season the soy with sat as well.
5. Place the zucchinis on a non sticky baking tray. Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchini boats dividing the soy stuffing evenly. If you have more sauce you can set it aside and eat with the baked boats after.
6. Top each with broken nacho chips and shredded vegan cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through.
8. You can serve it with more salsa on the side or with leftover soy stuffing and nacho chips.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth