I just love a good chai to accompany me on the chilly afternoons and evenings, and if you can add it to your cakes, why not add it to your soup as well?
GF Vegan Chai Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 small butternut squash, raw, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 2 medium potato, peeled, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- to taste or 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp of each or 2 tea bags chai spice mix (coriander, cardamom, cloves, ginger, cinnamon) or cha tea bag
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 can canned coconut milk
1. Add veggie stock, apples, potato, butternut squash, carrot, onion and garlic and cayenne to a large saucepan, and bring it to a boil.
2. Add chai seasoning or place the tea bags in the soup to cook in it. If you use tea bags, the easiest way is to tie them together and place them over a wooden spoon so they won’t fall in the soup.
3. Cook the soup until all veggies are tender. Once well cooked, taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Using a hand blender, blend the soup into a smooth cream. Or you can transfer the soup in two batches into a traditional blender, and puree until smooth, being very careful when working with the hot liquid. Stir in the coconut milk until combined.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth