GF Vegan Breakfast Bagel Burger
- 1 Gluten-free bagel
- 1 vegan gluten-free burger patty
- 2 tbsp Vegan sour cream
- 1–2 tsp Chives, chopped
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- to taste Herbed vegan butter
- 1 tsp BBQ sauce
- 2–3 Baby tomatoes, chopped
- To taste Salt, pepper, cayenne
1. Prep all the ingredients first so they are close by and ready when you assemble the burger.
2. Start by frying the veggie burger party in a pan according to packaging instructions.
3. Meanwhile mash the avocado, season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and stir in chopped baby tomato.
4. In another small bowl mix together vegan sour cream with chives, season with salt and pepper and cayenne.
5. When the burger patty is almost done, toast your gluten-free bagels. I like to use a skillet for this and toast my bagels over herbed margarine or vegan butter.
6. Once done, spread sour cream on one side of the bagel and mashed avocado on the other. Place the burger on the bottom part, spread with BBQ sauce, and carefully place the top on.
7. If you’d like more greens in it, add some leaves of baby spinach. I prefer to have a fresh salad on the side.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth