I recently started experimenting with matcha in savory recipes such as dips and sauces, and this delicious matcha hollandaise was born. It’s great for many purposes, but atop a vegan scramble is the ideal use. If you’re not familiar with matcha, here’s why it’s such a health food (and why it’s gotten so much foodie buzz.
Eggless Scramble on Toast with Matcha Hollandaise
- 1 (8 oz.) block silken tofu
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 + 1/2 tsp, divided salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbs, divided vegan butter
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. yellow mustard
- 1 tbs. lime juice
- 1 tbs. matcha powder
- 2 slices whole grain rye bread
1. Add tofu, onion powder, paprika, 1 tsp. salt, and black pepper to food processor.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Heat 1 tbs. of butter on medium-high heat until it starts to pop.
4. Add tofu puree and reduce heat slightly.
5. Let sit for 2-3 minutes until the bottom of the batter starts to crisp up.
6. While waiting, put bread in the toaster.
7. One the 2-3 minutes are up, add spinach and cheese to your tofu mixture and scramble.
6. Cook for about 4-5 minutes more, flipping every so often.
7. Divide tofu scramble in half and place atop each piece of toast.
8. In the same pan, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter, then add to food processor along with mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice, matcha powder and remaining 1/2 tsp. of salt.
9. Blend until smooth, then pour on top of toast and serve.
Also by Quincy: Twice Cooked Veggie Balls with Manchurian Sauce
Related: Vegan Matcha Mini Bundt Cakes
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas