Despite the fact that potatoes originate from America, they are the base of Hungarian cuisine.
I don’t know how that happened but I don’t mind. I am a huge fan of potatoes. There are so many kind of them and they are so versatile! You can boil, bake, fry, mash them and I don’t know what not. This simply perfect, crispy and well-done recipe is the answer when you’re out of groceries and don’t want to (or feel too tired to) go to the store.
Easy Herbed Home Fries With Peas
- 3 big potatoes, peeled and diced
- 250 g green peas, frozen
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Peel and slice the potatoes.
2. Heat up the oil in a tall pot, over medium heat. Place the potatoes in the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, while stirring.
2. Then add enough water just to cover the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and herbs.
3. Just when the potatoes become slightly tender, add the peas to them. Cook until the peas become soft. Stir occasionally, adjust seasoning as needed.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth