Despite these obstacles, one of my favorite summertime treats is a cool mango smoothie. Throw in some coconut yogurt, and you've got a lassi. Take it a step further with some gold rum, and you’ve got an Oh-So Luscious Dairy-Free, Rum-Mango Lassi.
Luscious Dairy-Free, Rum Mango Lassi
- 1¼ cups peeled fresh (or frozen, thawed) mango
- ½ cup gold rum
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, set aside extra for serving
- Mint or rosemary sprigs (for garnish)
1. Purée mango, rum, lemon juice, agave nectar, coconut yogurt, salt, and ½ tsp. chili powder in a blender until the nectar dissolves.
2. Add 4 cups ice and purée until mixture is smooth. If you prefer a thinner lassi, add up to a ¼ cup of coconut milk or water.
3. Divide lassi among glasses. Garnish with a sprig of mint and dust with chili powder.
To keep it green, sip away with a compostable or reusable straw.
Veganized from Bon Appétit’s Frozen Rum-Mango Lassi recipe.
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Holly Ratcliff