It also helps boost your immune system, moisten and clears out your lungs, smoothens your throat, and so much more! I love how this guilt-free dessert soup is light, nutritious and is naturally sweetened by just using fruits. Here’s how you can make your magical soup:
Collagen-Boosting Papaya Beautifying Soup With Snow Fungus
- 1 head white fungus (dried)
- A handful lotus seeds (dried)
- A handful almond flakes (dried)
- 1/4 papaya (cubed)
- 1 pear (sliced and optional)
- 1 small to medium rock sugar
- 4–5 jujube dates
1. In two separated bowls, soak your dried snow fungus in one bowl, your dried lotus seeds and almond flakes in another covered with hot water for about 5–10 minutes until your white fungus is plump and doubled in size.
2. While waiting, deseed your papaya, remove the skin and cube them into bite size and set aside for later. (you can also do the same for your pear if you’d like to add more fruits – apples or longan is also a common fruit added if you prefer)
3. Once your white fungus has fluffed up, take it out from hot water and chop off the hard yellow middle part and continue chopping the rest.
4. Transfer your fungus onto a cooking pot alongside with your rinsed off lotus seeds and almonds flakes.
5. Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. (low to medium heat).
6. Place your rock sugar in the boiling water and let it dissolve (depending on the size of your rock sugar) stirring occasionally. You can always adjust the amount of water and sweetness depending on your preference.
7. When your rock sugar has almost dissolved, add your papaya cubes (and pear) and let is simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Lastly add your jujube dates and let it boil for another 5 minutes and enjoy! Feel free to enjoy this while it’s hot or cold.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bel Faustino