- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
2. Combine the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, liquid smoke, and salt together in a small mixing bowl.
3. Place the coconut flakes into a large bowl. Pour the liquid mixture over the flakes and mix to combine.
4. Spread the flavored coconut flakes out on a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake coconut bacon bits for 15 minutes.
6. Let cool and crisp to room temperature before serving.
Also by Olivia: Energizing Double Chocolate Chip Vegan Truffles
Related: Vegan Cobb Salad with Tempeh Bacon
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Olivia Parr