Ever since I downloaded UberEats, I am more tempted to order those favorite takeout foods that are fun once in a while, but—let’s face it—do not serve our bodies well. I came up with this recipe hoping it would be faster than ordering Chinese takeout for dinner, and I was surprised by the result! I literally used what I had in my fridge without much thought, so feel free to replace the non-Chinese ingredients (like the Nopales) with more commonly used vegetables like broccoli, spring onions, or carrots! I do think the nopales add a nice crunchy texture, but as long as the seasoning is right, I believe most veggies will work well with this topping! Consider making a batch to add on to your meals for the week: salads, wraps, rice, or noodles. I love making foods that will help me quickly put together dishes throughout the weekdays.
Chinese Takeout-Inspired Veggie Topping for Your Basic Rice or Noodles Bowl
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Orange bell pepper
- 2 cups Celery
- 2 cups White button mushrooms
- 2 Nopales
- 2-3 teaspoons Ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oil of choice
1. Cut all the vegetables into bite sizes.
2. Add oil into a pot.
3. Mix all the vegetables into the pot.
4. Cook in medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce, teriyaki, and ginger.
6. Stir frequently for 10 minutes.
7. Serve on top of rice, noodles, green leafs, or tortilla wrap.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Vanessa Uzcategui