Makes the perfect combo with cauliflower rice. Not to mention the immune supporting benefits of ginger, lemon and garlic together.
Chinese-Inspired Lemon Asparagus Soy Curl Stir Fry (GF Vegan)
- 500 g dried soy curls
- 1/2 L veggie stock
- 2 tbsp GF soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into smaller pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper, to taste
1. In a small pot bring the veggie stock to boil and cook the soy curls in it until soft.
2. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
3. Heat a large non-stick wok or pan over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and ginger as well and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
5. Then add 1 teaspoon of oil and the soy curls and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
Add the soy sauce and bring to a boil and cook about 1-2 minutes.
6. Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the asparagus to the wok, season with pepper and mix well, remove from heat and serve. If you find the sauce too thick you can add from the veggie stock to get the preferred consistency.
Also by Imola: Vegan Persian Celery Stew
Classic Vegan Chick-un Sandwich
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth