This recipe can be easily adapted to your own taste. You can also add other green veggies such as bok choy or gai lan. You can also add small cubes of tofu when you add the mushrooms—both have a delicate flavor and cook very quickly. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 piece Ginger of about 1 inch, minced
- 1/2 Onion, minced
- 4 cups Napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup Enoki mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 cups Water
1. Rinse the mushrooms. Remove and discard the roots.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, until translucent.
3. Add the ginger and fry for 1 minute, then add 4 cups of water. Add soy sauce.
4. When this boils, add the cabbage. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. Feel free to add some more water, the cabbage will also release quite a lot of water.
5. Lastly, separate the enoki mushrooms and add this to the soup. Cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan