This weekend I met with my family for dinner and my sister got a delicious looking chia pudding for dessert! Watching her enjoy it, I was reminded of this protein packed snack that I used to make for the week. It took me a while to warm up to the idea chia pudding when it first became popular, but eventually it won me over. I like mine with a mix of coconut and almond milk, a touch of maple syrup for sweetness, and fresh berries and shredded coconut for serving. Layered with fresh berries, this pudding makes a beautiful chia parfait. Divide the recipe into thirds to make single size portion cups for the week, or make the entire recipe and divide out any way you like. Perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack, or an anytime treat.
Vanilla Berry Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- dash cinnamon
- for serving fresh berries
- for serving shredded coconut
1. Add coconut milk, almond milk, and maple syrup to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Stir in the chia seeds slowly and allow to sit for 5 minutes, then whisk again.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight. Serve with fresh berries and shredded coconut.
Also by Lauren: Raw Vegan Lemon Bars With Coconut & Pecans
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier