My favorite addition to fried rice is pineapple and if I had any on hand, I definitely would have added some. You can also serve this with steamed broccoli, vegan chicken, or a couple spring rolls. I used fresh carrots and canned peas in this recipe but you could easily substitute these with frozen ones if that’s what you have on hand.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 head grated cauliflower
- 2 1/2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 2/3 cup peas
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- scallions to top
1. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the carrots and let cook for a few minutes. Add the pepper, onions, garlic, and ginger and stir well. Let cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
3. Add the grated cauliflower and the liquid aminos and stir. Let cook for about 5 minutes, until the cauliflower softens.
4. Stir in the peas and the lime juice. Remove from heat.
5. Top with scallions.
Also by Lauren: Thai Peanut Butter Green Curry
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote