I soaked my fruit in a balsamic honey marinade before layering it into my wraps and this gave it the ultimate boost of flavor. I also added chickpeas to make a more rounded but light meal. You can play around with the fruit filling, adding blackberries, raspberries, cherries, or whatever other summer fruit you like.
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 12 oz blueberries
- 16 oz diced strawberries
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, shredded
- to taste salt & pepper
- 6–8 lettuce leaves
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic, sugar, and honey.
2. Toss the fruit in a large bowl and pour the vinegar honey mix over it. Stir well and let sit in the fridge for about 15 minutes, to let the flavors infuse.
3. Remove from fridge and stir in the chickpeas, shallots, pecans, and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Scoop into the lettuce wraps and serve.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote