Everyone loves a pretty açaí bowl. The thing is, they are not always the cheapest bowls to grab while out on the go. Instead of seeking out a spot and dishing out cash, you can make your own gorgeous, Instagram-worthy açaí bowl in your own kitchen.
Of course, you will need to grab some açaí. If you have a Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods near you, they carry frozen açaí (just ask if you can’t find them). If you can’t find it anywhere, no worries. Just make yours with extra frozen blueberries… it may not technically be an açaí bowl, but it tastes pretty close and looks identical!
Just a note before you start: the key to the perfect base consistency is to use frozen fruit only and as little liquid as possible. If you are using a really good blender, it will be easy. If yours isn’t blending everything right away, don’t panic. Just keep stopping and mashing it up a bit with a spoon until it blends evenly. The less liquid you use, the thicker your base will be. That’s the good stuff!
The Ultimate Açaí Bowl
- 100 g frozen puréed açaí
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup granola of your choice
- handful of frozen cherries (or whatever you have on hand)
- 2 sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- handful of coconut flakes
1. Add açaí, blueberries, strawberries, banana, and almond milk to your blender. Run until smooth and add to your favorite bowl.
2. Top with granola, frozen cherries, sliced strawberries, peanut butter, and coconut flakes.
3. Dig in!
Also by Bianca: Tropical Green Goddess Smoothie Bowl
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bianca Cimini