I love a good curry and I also love chickpeas in everything. I mean, they are the reason hummus exists and that's the best food on the planet. ;) So, why not whip up a lovely chickpea curry and combine your favorite ingredients into one great thing. This very easy vegan chickpea curry is quickly done and always tastes delicious. It's also the perfect meal if you have visitors coming over as you can easily make a big portion of it. Just add another can of chickpeas and coconut milk and you are good to go. Quick, easy, delicious. Best combination, isn't it?
5-Ingredient Vegan Chickpea Curry
Recipe Type: Hearty Entrees
YIELDS 4 servings
- 2 Cans chickpeas
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1–2 Tablespoons curry powder
- to taste salt, pepper, tumeric
- to serve rice
1. Chop the onion and the garlic and fry it in a pan.
2. Add the chickpeas, the coconut milk and the curry powder.
3. Cook for a few minutes and then let simmer for another couple minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper and turmeric.
5. Serve with rice.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Rebecca Willems