Sweet potatoes: Rich in vitamin A (healthy and youthful skin, hair, and eyes) and vitamin B6, which is crucial for neurotransmitter production–keeping your mood stable and happy.
Avocado: Avocado is one of the best mood-boosting foods around, full of B6 and Omega-3 fatty acid (essential for your nervous system).
Beets: These jewel-like roots are heart-healthy, full of anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, and boast a host of other health benefits.
Apples: Not only are apples full of fiber, they are also said to boost your optimism, according to Ayurveda. And isn’t that what we all need a little more of in late winter?
Crunchy Cubed Un-Winter Apple Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3-5 small beets
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- to taste Salt & pepper
1. Thoroughly wash and scrub the fruit and vegetables.
2. Chop the potato, beets, and apples into 1/2-inch to 1-inch cubes (I prefer larger cubes).
3. Cut the avocado in half, twist out the seed, and score the insides in a cross-hatch pattern; scoop out the cubes from the outer skin.
4. Halve the tomatoes.
5. Divide the the ingredients between two bowls.
6. For the dressing, combine the mustard, vinegar, syrup, and oil in a small glass jar. Close it tightly and shake until well mixed. Dress the two salads to taste.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bon appetit!
Also by Jennifer: Vegan Makeup – Hourglass Cosmetics Review
Photo: Jennifer Kurdyla