It’s February in California, and it already feels like summer! This 80-degree weather is a hit or miss, but whenever it’s hot out, my body craves a delicious and sweet cold treat to satisfy my sweet tooth and to overcome the heat. So what better way to treat myself than with a superfood smoothie bowl?! It’s raw, vegan, sweet, tart, and don’t forget super creamy… *drooling while writing this*
The base of this superfood smoothie bowl is a mix of frozen bananas, which gives it a creamy and ice-cream like texture, and frozen strawberries, which add a perfect sweetness. Then I just add water! No need for any nut milk, but if you want to add it in, I prefer homemade nut milk; that’s always the best!
I definitely don’t limit myself on the toppings. Chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, flax, coconut flakes, blueberries, raspberries, starfruit slices, nanas, etc… the list never ends! So treat yourself, and realize how healthy and amazing this bowl is!
Soak up the sun with this superfood smoothie bowl in hand, and you’ll be in paradise 😉
Superfood Smoothie Bowl
- 1 – 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon each chia, flax, hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 starfruit
- 1 tablespoon coconut shreds
1. In a blender, pulse the frozen bananas, strawberries, and filtered water until you reach desired consistency. Add a tablespoon of water at a time if it’s too chunky.
2. Using a spatula to get every last drop, transfer the smoothie to a bowl.
3. Now pile on the toppings on your superfood smoothie bowl and enjoy!
Also by Jessie: Vegan Mexican Recipes: Cheesy Pumpking Black Bean Quesadillas
Related: Sexy Superfood Chocolatte Bark
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Jessie Brown