Yoga isn’t just about getting a good workout (although it’s certainly a great way to improve strength and balance while getting your sweat on!). Yoga can be a unique avenue to find and build your power during difficult phases of life. It can also help us dig up and confront buried emotions that tend to get in the way of our spiritual progress and mental tranquility. As these yoga quotes help illustrate, these qualities of yoga are just a few of the reasons yoga practitioners refer to yoga as a “lifestyle.”
Indeed, for most yogis, the mat is a sanctuary–but the treadmill of everyday living can understandably make us lose sight of this fact. Practice can feel like another thing to check off the list or squeeze into a long day. We forget that yoga, even if it is one more activity, actually helps us through the rest of what awaits us. It can even boost creativity! This post includes 10 inspirational yoga quotes to help remind us busy folk to get on our mats and get grounded.
This post includes 10 inspirational yoga quotes to help remind us busy folk to get on our mats, get grounded, and feel better in every way possible.
10 Inspirational Yoga Quotes
1. The yoga pose you avoid the most you need the most. ~Author Unknown
2. Yoga is the practice of tolerating the consequences of being yourself. ~Bhagavad Gita
3. Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured. ~B.K.S. Iyengar
4. The pose begins when you want to get out of it. ~Baron Baptiste
5. The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body. ~Jason Crandall
6. A mind free from all disturbances is yoga. ~Panatela
7. What I’m looking for is not out there; it is in me. ~Helen Keller
8. The success of Yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships. ~T. K. V. Desikachar
9. When the light comes from within, balance is inevitable. ~Amy Jirsa
10. You cannot breathe deeply and worry at the same time. Breathe. Let the worry go. Breathe. Allow the love and intuition in. ~Sonia Choquette
What are your favorite yoga quotes?
Related: 16 Most Moving Quotes about Love
Get more like this–sign up for our newsletter for exclusive inspirational content!
Images: Mary Hood Luttrell