Submissions for Peaceful Dumpling Environmental Writing Prize has now closed. Please check back in October for announcements.
Peaceful Dumpling was founded in July 2013 with the mission of advocating for both animals and the planet through great writing. We believe that writing has the power to change the world.
Our inaugural Environmental Writing Prize is now open, to foster and celebrate writing that explores the most pressing issues of our times: climate change, environment, conservation, and animal rights.
We are looking for works that are inspired and inspiring; thought-provoking and truthful, yet also imaginative and beautiful as a work of art.
- All genres must relate to environmental issues such as climate change, environment, conservation, and animal rights.
- Please use Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- Must be in PDF format.
- No author name should appear on the document. Entries will be judged anonymously.
- Previously unpublished in any format, including blogs.
- Please include an author bio with publication history (if any) in the body of the email and attach the manuscript as a PDF file, and send to email@example.com with the subject: Environmental Writing Prize – [manuscript title here].
- Submission is open from Earth Day, April 22, 2019 until Thursday August 29, 2019.
- Winner and runner-ups will be announced on Monday October 7, 2019.
- Prize is open to international entrants.
- There is no entry fee.
- Short story of up to 6,000 words.
- Creative nonfiction, essay, memoir, or investigative journalism piece of up to 6,000 words.
- You may enter 1-5 poems in a single PDF document.
- We will select one first-place winner who will be awarded $500 and publication on Peaceful Dumpling.
- Two runner-ups will also be recognized and published on Peaceful Dumpling.
We look forward to reading your work!
Photo: Peaceful Dumpling