It’s very easy for me to spend beaucoup time doing my makeup, but even for me, there are days when I don’t want to spend forever in the bathroom (but I would like a little something on my face). This routine is my happy medium. It’s a light-coverage, no-fuss routine that will instantly brighten your face. Perfect for running errands, easy-going mornings, and travel.
1. After washing your face and moisturizing, apply a thin layer of mineral powder all over your face. Apply an extra layer to your T-zone, if, like me, you’re prone to oiliness there. I used Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in “Olive 1.”
2. Next, using a concealer brush or your finger, dab concealer on you under eye area (banish those dark circles!) and in the creases of your nose. Cover any pesky blemishes. I used Vapour Organics Illusionist Concealer in “015.”
3. Brush a soft pink blush onto your cheekbones, slightly carrying the color up and back (towards your temples but not all the way there). Be sure to blend very well! I used Ofra Blush in “Charm.”
4. I’ve always found that filling in my eyebrows immediately pulls my face together. Many cosmetic lines offer brow pencils and powders, but I’ve always used a matte eyeshadow—it seems to work just as well! Select a color one shade lighter than your brow color. I use a thin, angled brush which I first dip in water for easier application. Using short strokes in the direction of your brow hairs, begin filling in the inner corner or your brow (the side closer to your nose), and work your way outward. I used Alima Pure Satin Matte Eyeshadow in “Java.”
5. Apply a shimmering peach eyeshadow to your moving eyelid. To brighten your eyes and define your brow bone, apply a shimmering pearl shade on the inner third of your eyelid and right under your brows (on the bone). I used Pacifica Enlighten Eye Brightening Palette.
6. Line your eyes with a matte brown eyeliner. To make your eyes look more open, focus the majority of your liner on the outer two-thirds of your lash lines. I used Beauty Without Cruelty Natural Eye Pencil in “Soft Brown.”
7. Curl your lashes, and apply two coats of mascara. To make lashes look long (while maintaining the appearance of volume), comb only the outer third of your lashes. I used Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara.
8. Swipe on a rosy, tinted lip balm, and you’re set! I used Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in “Petal Pink.”
Trust me, it takes longer to explain than to execute 🙂
More in Natural Beauty: Have You Outgrown Your Beauty Routine?
My Vegan Makeup Bag: The Essentials
Photos: Mary Hood